Why can't I ever find time to update my blog? Oh well, it doesn't look like too many people are reading it anyway (if anyone is still reading it). I've been working on evil boring stuff like making a torso twist in space. That has to be the most evil thing I've ever had to draw. I can look at someone doing a pose like a baseball swing or a golf swing, and I know that their torso is twisting. Then I can look at an example of a simplified drawing of a torso twisting that's done with boxes and simple shapes like that, and I understand that drawing. But for some reason, I just can't look at a photo of someone twisting and make it look like they're twisting in a simplified drawing! I'm not sure if any of what I just said made sense to anyone but me... oh well.
My animation excercises are getting pretty bad, too. I think I'm trying to do things that are too complicated. I tried to make a frog jump, and it looks really weird like it isn't working and I don't know why. I think I'm going to stick to animating simplified shapes until I get better at drawing shapes the same over and over. I think a lot of the stuff that's wrong with my frog jumping comes from the fact that when he jumps, he sort of changes shape altogether because I'm not very good at keeping the shapes consistent throughout the animation, or giving them believable mass and volume so it doesn't look like they're growing or shrinking or changing in some way that they shouldn't be.
I better get back to work now. That's an update for now I guess. I really am going to try to post some of my work on here soon, I just don't know when I'll have time.
Friday, July 09, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's awesome, Cat! I love that book. It has helped me understand so much more about animation and some of the excercises in there are great practice.
Sorry I didn't notice this comment for awhile. I didn't read my own blog for a whole month. I gotta get back on track! :(
Post a Comment